Saturday, September 22, 2012

Wedding Card

It's wedding day for my neice Morgan and I've made a card/gift folder for the occasion. It's a standard 4x6 card with an opening flap on the right.  For the card base I cut, scored and folded an old file folder.  I then covered the various panels with pieces from a 12x12 sheet of double-sided scrapbook paper from the Susan Winget K&Company Specialty Paper.  I selected this sheet as red and gold are auspicious colours to the Chinese. 

A

After gluing all the pieces onto the blank card I used a corner round punch on the short panel edges.  Then I sanded all the folds and edges and added some gold distress ink.


In keeping with the bird theme on the paper I added a gold bird cut from scrap matte board using the Tim Holtz Bird Branch die.  This I added using foam dots to raise it a bit (and to allow for the cord).


The card was to serve as a gift holder, so I cut a shape using half of the Tim Holtz Ornamental die and added it using foam dots to allow for the thickness of the intended cheque.


I cut  from scrap white card using the Sizzix Leaves die, wrote "Welcome to Married Life" and our names and attached it to the inside of the card with a heart-shaped paper clip.


I stamped with gold ink a red envelope with the happy couple's names and added another bird to tie it all together.


To keep the card closed I used a length of gold stretch cord saved from a Christmas past.


Once the cheque is removed and the leaves unclipped, the card can be regifted.

No comments: