Again, I printed all the papers using digital scrapbooking files onto a slightly textured sketching paper which I trimmed down to 8 1/2 x 11 so I could run them through my laser printer. The papers were then trimmed to 8 x 8. The cover papers were printed onto sticky-backed label paper which I adhered to recycled card from a ceral box and also sized to 8 x 8. All the matte board used was saved from a framer's garbage bin; the coloured cardstock were offcuts from a paper distributer's garbage bin.
For the bride and groom's names on the cover, I printed brown lettering on a beige background onto cardstock. The font for the names is Scriptina, a free font from the internet. The frame was cut using a rusty ochre matte board. I used the Tim Holtz Ornamental die for the outside and the Tim Holtz Mini Ticket Set die for the inside. I then embossed the frame with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and added some distress ink to the edges.
For the first inside page, I printed brown text on a pink background onto cardstock. The frame was cut from maroon matte board using the Sizzix Frame die. I embossed the frame with the same Cuttlebug embossing folder as used on the cover. The flower was made using the Tim Holze Mini Tattered Floral Set and the Tim Holtz Tattered Flower Garland. The bottom and top petal layers were cut from paper, while the middle layer was cut from the same maroon matte board as the frame. I attached the flower using foam dots to add some dimension.
For some of the pages I added photos of the couple (which were happily supplied by my sister) printed onto cardstock behind small frames. For the top photo frame I cut maroon matte board using the Tim HoltzTag and Bookplate die. For the bottom photo frame I cut white matte board with a added top layer of maroon tissue paper using the Sizzix Heart and Wing Set. The wings were cut from off-white paper using the Sizzix Heart and Wing Set. The wings were glued to the page while the heart was attached with foam dots to add some dimension.
For this page, I added a "card". The outer side of the card was cut from beige cardstock using the Sizzix basic Pop 'n Cut die without the insert. I used a Tim Holtz On The Edge die on the bottom edge. When I folded the card I offset from the middle to allow the inner card edge to show a little. I added distress ink to the edges to give an antique feel. The leaf that keeps the "card" closed is cut from matte board using the Sizzix Leaves die. I then added distressed ink to its edges. I used a brass brad to attach it to the paper with a cardboard "washer" in between to allow the leaf to turn.
The photo frame for this page is cut from yellow matte board using the Tim Holtz Tag and Bookplates die. I added distress ink to match the colour of the flourishes.
There are about 10 pages that do not contain photoframes. These I left for guests to sign and write their wishes. Because some of the pages are quite dimensional, I added smaller embellishments to these pages to even out the whole guest book. The top page includes a gold matte board leaf cut using the Tim Holtz Tattered Leaves die as well as smaller leaves cut from scrap paper using the Tim Holtz Autumn Gatherings die. The flower on the lower page contains flower layers cut from paper using the Sizzix Flower Layers #3 die and the Tim Holtz Tattered Flower Garland. This flower was attached with foam dots. Note that the location of this flower hides the brass brad from the leaf closure for the "card" on the reverse page.
Once all the pages were assembled, I bound the 8 x 8 book with my Rubicoil binder with a white spiral binding.