Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Digital Art Studio

I got a great book for Christmas from my husband, Digital Art Studio by Karin Schminke, Dorothy Simpson Krause and Bonny Pierce Lhotka. It discusses everything I've been trying to do with regards to combining digital and traditional materials and techniques with great step-by-step instructions and photo examples.
Up until now, I've been outputting to my Ricoh Aficio and Xerox Tektronik laser printers but am limited to maximum sizes of 11" by 17". I also have an HP Designjet inkjet plotter that allows up to 24" wide, but I hadn't attempted using it, until this book came along. I've been patiently waiting for my order of some of the needed materials from Daniel Smith in Seattle because I couldn't find InkAid or large sheets of polyester film locally. This weekend I'm hoping to attempt some larger test prints with the Designjet.

Other books I'm wanting to read now are Digital Photo Art by Theresa Airey, Digital Photo Artist by Tony Worobjec and Ray Spence, and Mastering Digital Printing by Harald Johnson.

No comments: