Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Completing the Academy of Hue
Finally finished all the pieces in the series. Then I had to frame them. Since I had inherited 7 frames, I created the pieces to fit. But I got carried away and created 11, so I had to find another 4 frames that would sortof match. Good thing I got the 7 for free, because the 4 I got to match cost a fortune. But, I'm pleased with how they turned out.
Because the series is for an artists open house event in April, Artists In Our Midst, I'm also creating smaller priced items based on the works from this series. So, I've made cards using the images. To add something a little different, I've also created 1-inch buttons that match and are attached to the cards.